TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Good vs Evil I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Good vs Evil I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Good vs Evil I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Good vs Evil I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Good vs Evil I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Good vs Evil I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Good vs Evil I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Good vs Evil I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Good vs Evil I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Good vs Evil I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Good vs Evil I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Good vs Evil I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Good vs Evil I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Things You Must Have
What is everyone doing at the mo?
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Similar topics

Good vs Evil

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Good vs Evil Empty
PostSubject: Good vs Evil   Good vs Evil I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 8:29 am

We live in a world of Grey and uncertainty.
Some people believe that Religion is the key to "everlasting life" - the gateway to the spiritual realm after life. That the actions of faith, living a "Good" life, and such will result in Blessings from some Divine Entity.

Some people don't believe in religion and choose to live life to the best of their abilities, doing as good as they can while accepting that they are human - imperfect.
Occasionally these two groups clash... religious "nuts" trying to force their beliefs on those with no belief... or worse, those who have different beliefs.

Would this be an act of Evil done by a so-called "Good"?

Besides this, there's always technicalities. Legal loop holes and various unknown probabilities.
What if an act of "Evil" prevented another, greater Evil from occurring?
Or an act of Evil inspired someone "lost" into doing something extremely Good with their life that influences/helps/saves others?
Maybe some seven year old witnesses his parents murdered by a street thug and grows up to be a police officer, putting away hundreds of "Bad Guys" and saving lives?
Or an arsonist burns down an "enemy's" home and the family dog dies in the flame and the youngest child grows up to be a Fireman saving the lives of adults, children, and animals alike?
What if neither of those future Police/Firemen never witness the Evil act? Would they still be inspired to do great things? Become another sheep in society with no real impact on the world? Or falls into the "wrong crowd" out of peer pressure or boredom or curiosity?

What about those mothers and fathers who steal food from a grocery store to feed their starving family because the income he/they make barely covers the other bills such as keeping a roof over their head and heat in the building? Does this make him an Evil man?

It's obvious that there really isn't any clear "Good" or "Evil" in this world... and even when acts are tried to be seperated into one or the other the "degree" of Good/Evil-ness varies. In our present legal system, drug lords/dealers can and do receive a worse punishment than murderers. Wouldn't/shouldn't murder be considered a more serious degree of evil?

What about those who hundreds of dollars to charity? Are they any more "Good" than those who can't afford to but clicks a button a day to donate 1.1 cans of food to the starving on the internet?
Is it more Good or Evil when a best friend tells a lie to protect their mutual best friend?

So what do you all think?
Is there any real Good or Evil in this world or is it simply varying shades of Grey?
Could we live in a world of absolute Good?
Can one exist without the other?
Any other thoughts/opinions/ideas?
Back to top Go down

Good vs Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good vs Evil   Good vs Evil I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 8:36 am

For the greater good.

We do and will live in a world of 'Grey'. Not unless we all end up like Equilibrium, will we be able to live in a truly 'Good Society'. Besides that, 'Evil' is a point of view in another persons eyes. My job is viewed as evil to many people, and a hero to others. So I personally we can not, and will not live in a world of absolutes, as long as people have the ability to make beliefs.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Good vs Evil 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7850568
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Good vs Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good vs Evil   Good vs Evil I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 6:16 pm

We each have aspects of good and evil within us - the trick is getting the balance right
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Good vs Evil Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7851873
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Good vs Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good vs Evil   Good vs Evil I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 6:23 pm

I currently think that the evil in me is over shadowing the good.
Things I wouldn't normally say or think...I'm doing Embarassed

I don't think the world can be completely good. But like Mrs. D said already, we need the balance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
Sponsored content

Good vs Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good vs Evil   Good vs Evil I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good vs Evil
Page 1 of 1