TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Things You Must Have
What is everyone doing at the mo?
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Similar topics

Internet use 'good for the brain'

Go down 
+2
Succubus
ravengrim
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Internet use 'good for the brain' Evil10
More Numbers : 7859259
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Internet use 'good for the brain' Empty
PostSubject: Internet use 'good for the brain'   Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:26 pm

Surfing the web is good for your brain

These researchers suggest that surfing the web might help counteract age related physiological changes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Internet use 'good for the brain'   Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:04 pm

I'm honestly not surprised.
One reason I'm such an insomniac is I use the computer/internet so much in my every day life. The constant amount of information that one absorbs on even a single page is quite a bit.

For example any one thread on this page:
You have the various shades of grey that make up the majority of the background. On top of that you have images from users' signature & avatar. Then there's the colour of users text (information under the avatar, usernames, thread names, text within posts, etc.) Next we have wording: individual words/names, short phrases (thread titles for example), posts of varying length. Finally, the format of those posts (proper grammar, improper grammar that is noticed, that isn't noticed due to our brain's "auto correct" ability, chat speak, short hand)...
Lastly, the meaning of each post.

For the human brain that's a lot of information to process, it keeps the mind active... and that's only one page. The information is constantly changing from thread to thread yet our brain works at speeds to keep up as needed. Not only that but the information becomes greater as you browse away to other sites... absorbing video information, listening to audio, and enduring other formats of text & colour on screen.
The more internet-friendly you are the more skills one may use; such as changing the key words & phrases during searches to hopefully increase/better your results.
HTML/webpage design.
Downloading.
Etc.

By the time I'm logged out, my brain is in overdrive and it takes awhile for it to cool down. I'm not surprised that using the internet can stimulate so many parts of the brain and help to "keep them sharp".
I guess I should be happy my parents use the internet into their 70s and forward...
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
: : Internet use 'good for the brain' 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7703304
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Internet use 'good for the brain'   Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:35 pm

So is this the alternative form to the "fountain of youth"? I am now going to bath myself in my monitors light to reverse the aging effects. tongue On a serious note this is an interesting article and I can see where the "elderly" can benefit from using a computer it keeps the mind active.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Internet use 'good for the brain'   Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 5:35 pm

Actually, this is the fountain of youth for the mind.
If you want your body to receive the same effects... bathe in milk... while surfing the internet.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Internet use 'good for the brain' 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7850568

PostSubject: Re: Internet use 'good for the brain'   Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 5:37 pm

RavenwindX wrote:
If you want your body to receive the same effects... bathe in milk... while surfing the internet.
Laughing

I thought that bathing in blood was more effective but perhaps I've been listening to Elizabeth Bathory too much whistle
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : Internet use 'good for the brain' S1rl90
More Numbers : 7745729
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Internet use 'good for the brain'   Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 5:38 pm

helen damnation wrote:
RavenwindX wrote:
Laughing

I thought that bathing in blood was more effective but perhaps I've been listening to Elizabeth Bathory too much whistle

Quoting my great-uncle, the Fountain of Youth is having a good quantity of wine (helps the circulation) and sex (it's a great excercise) without neither he would rather to shoot himself
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Internet use 'good for the brain' 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7850568

PostSubject: Re: Internet use 'good for the brain'   Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 5:39 pm

I love your great-uncle! Red wine and sex!!!! HOORAY!!!! naughty naughty naughty naughty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Internet use 'good for the brain'   Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 5:40 pm

^^that's just awesome
Very Happy

Quote :
I thought that bathing in blood was more effective but perhaps I've been listening to Elizabeth Bathory too much
Isn't it the blood of young virgin girls if memory serves me?
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Internet use 'good for the brain'   Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 5:42 pm

helen damnation wrote:
I love your great-uncle! Red wine and sex!!!! HOORAY!!!! naughty naughty naughty naughty

I think you would like him. He is a quite open-minded old man. I mean, I have never heard other 70 years old man speaking about sex, drugs and piercings in such relaxed manner
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
: : Internet use 'good for the brain' 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7703304
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Internet use 'good for the brain'   Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 6:23 pm

Wow I need to meet you great uncle Jose . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger
Number of posts : 5158
: : The Pumpkin Queen
: : Internet use 'good for the brain' 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7753629
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Internet use 'good for the brain'   Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:25 pm

Wow Max, I wish I had a great uncle like that. Bet he's young at heart Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blkgothchick
shortpsycho
shortpsycho

Gemini Snake
Number of posts : 498
: : Internet use 'good for the brain' Th_sta10
More Numbers : 7746822
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Internet use 'good for the brain'   Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:34 pm

Maxmordon wrote:
helen damnation wrote:

I think you would like him. He is a quite open-minded old man. I mean, I have never heard other 70 years old man speaking about sex, drugs and piercings in such relaxed manner

Your great uncle should meet my fiance's Grandad. Hes a dirty perve too grin
Back to top Go down
http://weinridge.com
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Internet use 'good for the brain'   Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 6:30 pm

LOL, you should check some of the books on his library. Besides a great number of erotica, he has things like "Vampire sex", "Satanism and Sexuality", and many other dark stuff I don't dare to see...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Internet use 'good for the brain'   Internet use 'good for the brain' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Internet use 'good for the brain'
Page 1 of 1