TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages

Did someone mention...GARDENING!

Go down 
+13
ravengrim
MoonRaven
SPF
Lolita Rose
GothicScrybe
helen damnation
Emmature
DarkDreamer
Succubus
La Diva Carlotta
RedAngel
Synth
cynfullov
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
: : Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7539179
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:20 pm

GothicScrybe wrote:
Succubus wrote:
I have a wish list already for this spring.

Zebra Grass but only as a barrier from my neighbor.

LOL

hehehehh I just need about 30 of those little babies and my garden hose with miracle grow attached to it and me singing grow ...grow ...grow ...grow . naughty

I hear you RedAngel I have a a motorcycle graveyard right next door to me with tires and car parts literally against my fence.
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
More Numbers : 7652700
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:25 pm

For thoses of you growing tomatos that haven't come across theses pests as yet be on the look out for Tomato Horn Worms Whether you do the Topsy Turvy way of growing tomatos or the old fashioned, theses can still pose a problem to your harvest.

I've grown "upside down" tomatos by using wire hanging baskets and the coconut huck liners. I put them in thru the bottom and they grew upwards over the baskets towards the sun. They still need to be tied in some way to support the vines otherwise they will break. Hanging tomato plants seem to damage more easily when it's windy. It is a fun try though. But heavy. So besure to put them where your not going to need to move them very often.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7686443
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:27 pm

cynfullov wrote:
For thoses of you growing tomatos that haven't come across theses pests as yet be on the look out for Tomato Horn Worms Whether you do the Topsy Turvy way of growing tomatos or the old fashioned, theses can still pose a problem to your harvest.

I've grown "upside down" tomatos by using wire hanging baskets and the coconut huck liners. I put them in thru the bottom and they grew upwards over the baskets towards the sun. They still need to be tied in some way to support the vines otherwise they will break. Hanging tomato plants seem to damage more easily when it's windy. It is a fun try though. But heavy. So besure to put them where your not going to need to move them very often.

Thank you so much for that Cyn. Mr D is a tomato monster and has asked me to grow some for him. This is great advice hug

He also wants to turn half of MY garden over into growing vegetables but I soon put that idea out of his head! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lolita Rose
Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse
Number of posts : 114
: : Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7578774
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:01 pm

My old house had some lovely gardens. Firstly because the house was over a century old and had quite a few flowers that had already been planted and came back every year. Secondly because of my mom's work on the garden over the years.
There was a really pretty black, green, and blue garden spider in it, that we let stay because it ate the bugs that would otherwise kill our plants. I was still kind of afraid of it, and fascinated at the same time.

I've always wanted to try planting a tree, and planting a rose vine right next to it, just to see if I could get the roses to grow around the tree. Because I have this fairy poster, where it shows an old dead tree with purple roses all over it, and its really really pretty!

I also want to try putting flowers in an old tea pot(a big old fashioned tea pot) just to see if I could get the flowers to grow out the spout and the top of it.
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
More Numbers : 7652700
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:25 am

Lolita Rose that's such a sweet idea putting flowers in a tea pot & it's spout. Tea cups and or with saucers are really cute to grow violets and other flowers in. I've done that, but I'd love to have a tea pot bubbling over & out the spout to go with them.

*HuGs!* Aw your welcome Helen! I hope for you a tomato harvest almost to the point where you say "I can't eat another tomato."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:36 pm

My potato plants are failing.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:54 pm

Ian wrote:
My potato plants are failing.

Okay so what's the problem? Is it the unseasonal warm weather?

As for your roses I can highly recommend lion poo Wink
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 25883sk
More Numbers : 7421715
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:47 pm

^^ The hardest part is getting it from the lion. Laughing

I really need to grow some tomatoes in pots! I love tomatoes. The garden area is off limits till the deck is built; then we choose a new garden area. Right now I'm looking for tips online re: daffodil care and iris care.

We have huge purple irises in our yard! The blooms are so big that the stems fall over, so I've been staking them. They're happier now. Also been deadheading the spent blooms, which seems to encourage more blooming. bounce

I've heard good things about knockout roses; sounds like they're pretty, disease-resistant and tolerant of some benign neglect. We'll pick up some of those for the empty areas right near the house.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
: : Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7367201
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:18 am

Potatoes are impossible! Then again, Dallas and London have fairly different climates, so I can't say what your problem is, only that I've never had tater success.

Tomatoes are tricky too, but those prefer it warm.

As for tomato horn worms: EEEWWW sick When you squish them their guts are all gloppy and green (horrible flashbacks) sick sick sick

So much for the baked ziti I was eating...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:52 am

Thankyou all for your advice;it has indeed been unseasonably warm in the South of England recently so I think Helen certainly has a point;although personally I am inclined to believe the problem might be cyst nematode.
Back to top Go down
GothicScrybe
vip member
GothicScrybe

Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 2480
: : Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 Evil10
More Numbers : 7325486
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 3:36 pm

Hubby and I have our first two tomatoes! Yippee!

No, it doesn't take a lot to amuse me. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://thelosttheforgottenthedamned.com/

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:47 pm

That is so cool!!!!

I tried "bush" tomatoes last year and due to the decent level of heat and dampness they were a success.
Back to top Go down
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:57 pm

Ooo, Im jealous GothicScrybe! My tomato plants are about 6 inches tall now. I grew them from seed. When I had to thin the seedlings I felt kind of like God.
Back to top Go down
Lolita Rose
Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:52 pm

cynfullov, thanks! Hmm...never thought of adding tea cups too. It would be really cool to get those fancy white lace-like tables and chairs (not sure what they're called), and set up a whole tea set and make it look like its all being overtaken by flowers. Like an Alice in Wonderland tea party stopped in time, with nature re-taking it.

I've heard tomatoes are hard to grow. I remember once my parents had some in a planter, and these little worm things ate all the leaves off it in a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:59 pm

^^Ooo, I want this frozen tea-party in my yard!

Step one: get yard.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7593744
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:10 pm

My basil is growing nicely. I should post pics of my babies. tongue
Back to top Go down
Lolita Rose
Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:29 pm

A frozen-in-time tea party would be a perfect backdrop for a photo shoot...With a Japanese cherry blossom tree behind it.

Lets see...

yard...check!

money...no check...
>_< Alas, the life of a poor soon to be poorer college student. tongue

La Diva Carlotta, you should!
My mom has a bunch of spices in planters in her room. They're slowly taking over from their little corner...
Back to top Go down
GothicScrybe
vip member
GothicScrybe

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:35 am

Ian wrote:
That is so cool!!!!

I tried "bush" tomatoes last year and due to the decent level of heat and dampness they were a success.

Thank you Ian! How very cool!

I'm so pleased with my little garden!
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 7:38 am

http://www.wave-rave.com/plant_info.aspx?phid=048601633000616

I planted these yesterday in a elevated rock bed in my yard and I completed the look with my Gargoyle as a center piece. ..I am thinking of doing various shades of purple this year in my yard ...now only if they was a sunflower that I could plant that was purple. Smile
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 25883sk
More Numbers : 7421715
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:54 pm

Ooh! A purple garden will be lovely, especially with the gargoyle at the center.

My husband and I planted a gardenia in a little bed between our house and driveway. It's thriving! Very Happy Blooming like crazy; smells so beautiful. Now that it's taking well, we will get a few more.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
GothicScrybe
vip member
GothicScrybe

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:06 pm

As lame as it sounds, I can't tell you how pleased I was to use some of my homegrown onions in my tacos this weekend! heart
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:28 pm

GothicScrybe wrote:
As lame as it sounds, I can't tell you how pleased I was to use some of my homegrown onions in my tacos this weekend! heart

That doesnt sound lame at all sweetie. I used home grown oregano with my roast lamb yesterday and it was scrumptious drool
Back to top Go down
GothicScrybe
vip member
GothicScrybe

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:15 pm

helen damnation wrote:
GothicScrybe wrote:

That doesnt sound lame at all sweetie. I used home grown oregano with my roast lamb yesterday and it was scrumptious drool

Awww thank you Helen! hug

I think I'll come have dinner with you the next time you cook... drool
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:18 pm

You would be more than welcome honey! Trying out rainbow trout next week with home grown tarragon Wink
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:50 am

I cannot wait for these flowers to start overflowing the flower bed ...and don't my lil baby look happy there amongst the purple petunias? BTW that is not my gold purse. lol

Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 00210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did someone mention...GARDENING!   Did someone mention...GARDENING! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did someone mention...GARDENING!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDarkRealm :: the threads :: Lifestyle-
Jump to: