TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

All Things Yule/Christmas

Go down 
+21
WrappedinReflection
Seduction of Madness
velvet spider
cynfullov
shortpsycho
OrpheusFaust
endless dark
squeakychewtoy
Vampira132
albinasamara
angelofthenight
helen damnation
La Diva Carlotta
Ginger_Snaps
lollirot
Katànya
deadcoldgothgirl
Maxmordon
ravengrim
MoonRaven
Succubus
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

All Things Yule/Christmas Empty
PostSubject: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 7:24 pm

But what about Thanksgiving?
Well... Canada already had theirs' (if I remember correctly) and... other than family & home cooked meals... it's a silly holiday in our era. meh
Personally I can't wait to go home, spend a few days with my mom & dad, and enjoy mom's home cooked meal. drool

Anyways, it seems stores are pushing Christmas on society earlier and earlier each year. I remember when stores didn't start putting up decorations & selling Christmas stuff until after Thanksgiving... this year Halloween was still half a month away and Wal-Mart was already selling Christmas stuff! :o

Ah well, it's a fun season... not as awesome as Halloween but definitely enjoyable.
Personally I honestly enjoy giving gifts more than receiving (so much so that I'll spend more of my paycheck on friends & loved ones before myself year round) though it is fun to receive gifts.
For me, I think I enjoy unwrapping them more than finding out what's inside (unless it's something I've really REALLY wanted/needed).

This year, however, I have the only thing I've ever wanted the past nine years... and that's someone special to spend it with. I could have cared less if I received anything this past almost decade as long as I had someone to spend the holiday with... and now I do... and it's one of the most incredible feelings in the world being able to share holidays & life experiences with. heart

So what is everyone else doing this year?
Any big plans?
Making a Christmas gift list for friends & family.... or yourself? naughty
Anyone not do Christmas?
Or celebrate Yule?
Excited or loathing?

Welcome to the "All Thinks Yule/Christmas" thread.
santa rendeer

All Things Yule/Christmas 3DEBDC4929
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
: : All Things Yule/Christmas 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7527362
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 8:05 pm

Christmas is so commercialized now days its really a shame.. the want for things and the people breaking their bank to get $$$gifts. I rather give then receive and I love watching people open gifts that actual thought was put into when choosing that gift. I am more happier spending time in the kitchen baking and cooking and reveling in the smells of the season. I will spend the most of December baking and making ornaments to give to family members. Then on Christmas day the family comes over for bunch and then instead of a free for all we usually open each gift up and show it to everyone and enjoy the actual day...then I nap simple as that.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : All Things Yule/Christmas Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7675931
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:56 pm

I love watching the reactions of my family when I give them presents.
Last year was a good year because I was able to afford to give more to them.
I had given my dad Old Spice deodorant and after shave set. As well as an adidas body spray set. Plus $100 in a card.
My mom was perfume, a charm that said '#1 mom, a box with nick knacks and $50 in a card.
My brothers both got boxes that I filled with toiletries. It seems lame but they love it.
So I goth them shaving cream, razors, deodorants, body sprays......
But I also got them things they would enjoy.
My oldest brother was the coffin boxes. And my other brother got a gift certificate at his fav clothing store (he only wears Diesel clothes)
I made everyone cry grin
I make the least amount of money and was able to give them so much.
So I have plans to do the same this year.
Their box of toiletries. Each of them got a nice JD gift set.
A gift certificate again for the one brother and Nightmare on Elm St. DVD box set for the other.
I'm actually almost done shopping. Hopefully by next payday I will have 90% of my shopping done.
Get it out of the way sooner so I can get my tattoos grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:57 pm

Did you notice???? I wrote goth hahahaha
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : All Things Yule/Christmas Evil10
More Numbers : 7683317

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:42 pm

MoonRaven wrote:
Did you notice???? I wrote goth hahahaha

You sure did.
I think you should leave it.These little slips that we make with a keyboard,they say something about who we really are
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 11:45 pm

One of my favourite things about this holiday, besides being able to make people happy with little gifts of affection (I do take the time to find what I think they'd like best... and generally have good accuracy... or, at least, they believe in "the thought that counts"), is Egg Nog.
What genius thought it'd be a great idea to make this a seasonal item in store... no idea... but it really grinds my gears I have to wait a year just to buy it.

Don't suppose anyone knows a good (and easy?) recipe for homemade egg nog?

And is it JD that you're supposed to add to spice it up? I know there's JD brand non-alcoholic egg nog sold in stores... which is quite yummy... the regular, vanilla spice, or the cherry-whatever that I've yet to find this year. drool
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : All Things Yule/Christmas S1rl90
More Numbers : 7569787
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:00 am

Decorating the nativity set and the tree, eating hallacas and grapes, baseball games and holiday specials on TV and the joy of giving and recieving in a pure non-sexual way, what a great time!

This year, I think, I am going to Margarita Island (What is for the US people Hawai, is Margarita Island for Venezuelans) to the beach, but I hope to return in New Year's Eve to spend time with my other family. (Good thing about my maternal grandparents is that they didn't bothered to took off the christmas lights, so decorating is easier)
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : All Things Yule/Christmas S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7579753
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:55 am

Well I'm kinda more excited for my bday. It is on the 12th of december. But I like christmas. I really like to watch people open gifts, but I do have to admit it is like winning the lottery if I get things I really like and my aunt always gives me $50 so that makes me happy.

We always have christmas eve dinner. Then a polish breakfast and opening gifts from youngest to oldest. Then christmas dinner. I love it. This year I won't be pregnant and I won't have people reminding me how I got pregnant and I will be 19 so I get to partake in the champaigne toasting again... Yay (I loves me some alcohol.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:52 am

No Christmas decorating for me this year.
I love the vibe of my house when it's decorated.
But because my grandmother died, my mom doesn't want the house to look cheery.
So it will only be a little tree in our living room that we usually put in the dining room.
Back to top Go down
Katànya
Katànya

Pisces Buffalo
Number of posts : 51
More Numbers : 7576010
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 3:09 am

This year, I'm staying put, but I am sending congratulations and birthday wishes up to my home town. My younger cousin is due in early December, and my brother celebrates his birthday a week before Christmas. Next year however, I hopefully will be traveling up to attend his 21st. So, no big plans this year. Hopefully I will have a job again by then, and I'll be staying at home with my boyfriend.

I've been on and off about Christmas for quite a few years... it's far too commercialized, and I've never really celebrated it anyway, even more so when it was forced upon me in school. If I was to ask for anything, it'd be both a table to put all my plants on with some more glass lamps, and a couple of Neocolor II crayons. I'm still trying to figure out what to get my boyfriend... he's difficult to buy for.

I'd really like to get some eucalyptus and string it up all nice, rather than get a tree. Make the balcony green and spend the days out there. Smile

I live too far away from my family.
Back to top Go down
http://lenlenchan.ath.cx
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : All Things Yule/Christmas S1rl90
More Numbers : 7569787
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 3:41 am

MoonRaven wrote:
No Christmas decorating for me this year.
I love the vibe of my house when it's decorated.
But because my grandmother died, my mom doesn't want the house to look cheery.
So it will only be a little tree in our living room that we usually put in the dining room.

Yeah, we are in duel as well, so not too cheerfully neither
Back to top Go down
lollirot
lollirot

Scorpio Snake
Number of posts : 769
: : Horror Aficionado
More Numbers : 7576126

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 2:21 pm

I'm a bad apple. I don't like the holidays that come in November/December. I'm not really 'holiday spirit' gal. Haven't done anything for those days for the last 5 years, or so.

Besides the egg nog, I don't get excited for this kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : All Things Yule/Christmas Bjevig
More Numbers : 7580963
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:28 am

They started selling Christmas stuff even before Halloween. I'm thinking about pulling out the tree from storage tomorrow just because I'm bored. Whenever I put it up, I will be gothing it up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:35 am

^^To be honest I don't even know how to goth up a christmas tree.
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:39 am

black ribbon ...some silver tinsel ...maybe some skeleton garland (you can find that for 75% off now )
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : All Things Yule/Christmas Bjevig
More Numbers : 7580963
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:40 am

And use Halloween decorations. I have a purple bat garland that I have hanging between my kitchen and den that I will wrap around the tree.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:42 am

This site

has some great stuff but most of them you can find in another color and revamp yourself.
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:43 am

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
And use Halloween decorations. I have a purple bat garland that I have hanging between my kitchen and den that I will wrap around the tree.

Nice ..I always wanted to do a more dark Christmas but I have a son and he likes the more christmasy feel to the tree that I do every year .
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:44 am

I never thought of that. I can't do it now because I am living with my mom. I plan to do it when I get my own place. Ever since I saw that kitchen in GB I decided that is what I wanted my house to look like. I figure all of you could help me with ideas when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:50 am

This Tree is only 11 dollars and they have a kind of a good selection of halloween things .
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : All Things Yule/Christmas Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7581927

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:27 am

My mother is insisting that my brothers and I only buy gifts for the children, not the adults. This is a huge relief for me, as trying to figure out what to get my sisters-in-law has become a huge brain teaser. wtf One is very materialistic and only likes brand name stuff (she's a bit of a ghetto rat) and the other one tends to be careless with the things I get her.

I already got a Dora the Explorer doll for my niece. She loves Dora. I absolutely loathe Dora. blast

Trying to figure out what to get everyone else. scared
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 2:04 am

I understand completely. I never know what to get anyone. My mom has tons of jewelry and never wears most of it, but I buy things like that for her anyway unless I can find something else that is nice. For both of my brothers they like video games (mind you they are 10 and 8 years older then me) So I just try to find them something interesting they will like. My uncle russ is trying to become a priest so I either get him something religious or a gag gift.

With my sis in law I try to get her perfumes and such, same with my other aunts because I really don't know what they want. Then when it comes to my other uncle I always get him books because he likes to read. This year I also have to get stuff for my three best friends and that will be hard.

My friend carl is away at school at OSU and I'm not sure what he would like. My friend steffanie likes to smoke so I'm probably going to buy her cigarettes. Then there is alyssa. Omg is she hard to buy for. We have been best friends since we were born but I never know what to get her. She is spoiled so she gets everything she wants. She has a ton of make-up, clothes, jewelry, and so on and so forth. So she always takes me the longest. Thing is she never seems to be really happy with what I get her and I feel bad.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : All Things Yule/Christmas Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7581927

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:47 pm

^^I hear ya, girlie. It's very hard to shop for people when they have everything. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:55 pm

I only buy presents for my parents, 2 brothers, my boyfriend, his mom, my best friend and her 2 little daughters (one of them is my goddaughter)
And I bake cupcakes and decorate them with little candy canes, and gummy snowman and santa's...and wrap them up nice with cellophane paper and ribbons....and that's what I give my co-workers.
Times are tough people hahah
I can't buy for everyone i know. I'd be broke.
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:19 pm

I make fudge and cookies for the my extended family. I only get my family actual gifts.This year might be different with the changes in the economy and me not wanting to charge anything excess on my cards for gifts for my family I might go the gift certificate route. (I know they are so impersonal) But I am thinking of actual cards to places that they like to go (my brother a book store , my mom bath and body ect.......) I actually do not want nothing for Christmas I have been like this for years now .I just love the season and like to enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Things Yule/Christmas   All Things Yule/Christmas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Things Yule/Christmas
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next