TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages

Pet Peeves

Go down 
+27
deadcoldgothgirl
RedAngel
Zelda!
ravengrim
purpleluna
shortpsycho
Succubus
Maxmordon
BadArt23
Vampira132
Spooky
Luminita
Apocalypse
La Diva Carlotta
SPF
endless dark
RimbaudsGirl
Gomez
albinasamara
WrappedinReflection
lollirot
edgeeffect
angelofthenight
helen damnation
Morwenna
Ginger_Snaps
MoonRaven
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
RimbaudsGirl
RimbaudsGirl

Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 23
More Numbers : 7549750
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:09 am

When I am called a "liberrian" or people ask for a "liberry card" it sets my teeth on edge. Also people talking loudly on cell phones, talking on cell phones while also trying to have me assist them, expecting the librarians to watch their spawn or tolerate the screaming, running, and otherwise improper behavior of their spawn, and rudeness in general is unappreciated.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Pet Peeves - Page 2 Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7687748
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 11:38 am

Kids who don't listen to their parents and are spoiled when they don't deserve it.

My neighbour has a friend, who has a son, who is a little brat.
My neighbour loves lighting candles. And when we sit outside she lights one there to keep the mosquitoes away.
This kid, about 4 or 5, kept walking over the candle (it was on the floor) The mother kept telling him to stop. He kept doing it.
She doesn't discipline him properly and looks the other way sometimes. Like she doesn't want to deal with him and just agrees to everything.
In the mall he screams and shouts til his mom buys him a toy.
He asks to go to McDonalds and he doesn't eat the food.
It makes me cringe when I see that kid and the way he acts.
And the other kids on the street..... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Pet Peeves - Page 2 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7592780
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 2:17 pm

A belt solves everything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
lollirot
lollirot

Scorpio Snake
Number of posts : 769
: : Horror Aficionado
More Numbers : 7587943
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 2:28 pm

Couldn't agree more, Ginger!

Undisciplined kids bug the hell out of me.
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Pet Peeves - Page 2 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7689763

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 2:37 pm

I agree on the bratty undisciplined kids too, they bug me screaming in the store and throwing aa tantrum because they want something... I don't think a belts the solution though, maybe duct tape though
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : Pet Peeves - Page 2 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7577979
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:45 pm

I have to agree that spoiled children are really difficult. I work with tons of kids and its aways the really spoiled ones who require the most work with their attitudes.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:46 pm

Tame your kids people!!!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger
Number of posts : 5158
: : The Pumpkin Queen
More Numbers : 7589504

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Ginger_Snaps wrote:

I'm with Ginger. Kids need discipline or they turned out really spoiled. Sometimes when I see kids acting up and their parents just spoiling them, I want to pull them aside and show them how it's done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blkgothchick
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Pet Peeves - Page 2 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7686443

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 5:47 pm

Ginger_Snaps wrote:

It solves absolutely nothing and is cruelty. My Father was beaten by his hateful Mother and it just makes me think of big people pushing little people around just because they can

Okay so there are terribly badly behaved children out there but children are feral by their very nature and have to be taught from a young age about acceptable behaviour.

Call me a softie but I have NEVER raised my hand to my girls and I honestly have no reason to. We have both taught them to respect other people from a very early age and we are often complimented about their good manners and behaviour when in public. They fight like demons in their bedroom at night but I am extremely proud of our girls and proud of the way we're bringing them up as respectful, tolerant people

You catch more bees using honey than vinegar Wink
Back to top Go down
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
: : Pet Peeves - Page 2 25a7xqo
More Numbers : 7588113

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 5:50 pm

I got a leather belt drawn across my bare bottom a time or two when I was little and I turned out just fine. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:40 pm

^^ I did too Morwenna. Very Happy Before, my parents wouldn't spank me. I was a spoiled brat. If they never decided to spank me, i'd probably be a spoiled annoying brat. tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:52 pm

I say every parent has their method... if they can find a way to instill the values they desire their children to learn without using corporal punishment, I say go for it. As for me, I was disciplined physically only once or twice as a child...and that's all it took. And I'm not "mentally bruised" by it... in fact, I thanked my parents for having the sense to make good on their threats.
I hate nothing more than watching parents threaten a spanking...but then never making good on it when the child keeps pushing their limits. It only teaches them that the parent is full of crap, and THEY are really the ones in control.
The only time I think a line was crossed on my parents' end was when I was point-blank slapped across the face (and for that matter, room) by my father a few years ago. It left marks...both physically, and emotionally. I have a rather poor relationship with my father, and I think some seeds of the tension between us were planted that night.
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:00 pm

Thanks awful Akasha. hug

I think that a parent should never do something that outrageous. That's called child abuse. All a kid needs is a good spanking on the fanny, nothing more. Even a good hit on the hand is good enough.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:36 pm

I agree with Mrs.D

I've seen it one too many times where parents just give in to the kids wants just so they don't have to 'parent' them or deal with them.
Those are the kids I mean. They freak out and mom has to say "Be good or I won't take you to McDonalds"
They're only being good for the reward.

But anyways

Last edited by MoonRaven on Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Pet Peeves - Page 2 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7593744

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:13 pm

I really hate it when people block the exits on the subway or buses, and then when you ask them politerly to step aside so you can exit, they give you a mean look.

I also hate it when classmates decide to air all their dirty laundry during class time. Just because it's a counseling course doesn't mean you should treat it as a therapy session.
Back to top Go down
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Number of posts : 237
More Numbers : 7561648
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:26 pm

I hate it when people open up merchandise (especially food items) that they haven't bought yet, leave their coffee and other trash in my cart, and most of all shoplifters.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/apocalypsenotquiteyet
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 12:09 am

I hate rich people at the Art Gallery.
The people who come in at the Art Gallery where my bf works (and I work sometimes) thinks people should bow down to them.
This one old lady came in to the gallery and went to the gallery cafe to get some wine.
The poor girl behind the counter politely said that she couldn't serve any because she was underage.
The old woman said, "Well, what good are you?" and stormed out.
She complained about it to the staff in the Gallery gift shop then went to the front desk to write up a complaint.
Poor old woman couldn't have her wine at 2pm Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
lollirot
lollirot

Scorpio Snake
Number of posts : 769
: : Horror Aficionado
More Numbers : 7587943

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 12:14 am

Oh dude, I hate rich people in general. They're so fugging stuck-up and treat everybody else like cheesebits. They're so.....arrgggh! I've lived with a family like that and I could not stand it at all. Geez people, get that broom out of your arse.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 12:22 am

haha so true.
They walk very upright
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 1:24 am

Haha, they really do. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 1:51 am

Darn broom
Back to top Go down
Luminita
Luminita

Pisces Goat
Number of posts : 59
More Numbers : 7589148

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 5:37 am

I have a decent list of pet hates, well the short list:

-Improper speech, i don't mind an accent but i hate slang with a passion. Is it really that difficult to talk at least semi properly.

-How my taller female class mates can dress borderline slutty but i cant show any skin because every one can see down my shirt because i'm so friggan short. Why should i have to dress like a damn prude because i'm tiny compared to 90% percent of the damn school!? I don't bare cleavege yet i still get in trouble because some one can look down my blouse if there taller!

- The dumbed down school courses. I'm sure other countrys aren't doing this crap to this extent!

-my class mates huge over flowery bubble writting. i write small and neat, whats wrong with fitting a small sentence on half a line instead of one and a half?

-my little sister for various reason. Here's the story; She got pregnant just before her 15th birthday. She ran my mom ragged trying to track her down while pregnant! damn girl went out almost every day until she got too big to do much. Then after she had the baby my mom ended up taking care of her 80% percent of the time. She goes out in a week what my older sister who has four kids goes up in the entire year.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Pet Peeves - Page 2 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7582614
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:49 am

I just want to say quickly, there's a huge difference between discipline and abuse. A slap on the hand from the get-go, can register both an authoritarian aspect as a parent, and a simple mindset that 'rule-breaking will result in punishment'. Just whooping your kids ass, does not help in raising the child right, but the knowledge that an ass whooping could come if they cross a certain line, is what keeps most kids (people) in line.

When I was seven, I threw a rock and it broke a window, I received a hard slap on the ass, and then had to clean up the mess with my father. Then there was no dessert and no tv for a week, you know what, never threw a rock again.

Use of the words or phrases: "like, um, ah, yo, you know, know what I mean" make my throat go dry with disdain if I here them more then twice in any conversation.

People who drive through parking lots diagonally across the empty spaces.

People who litter, I hope you die soon.

People who park in two parking-spaces, you're not special, you may have your side-view mirror removed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Pet Peeves - Page 2 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7592780

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 3:28 pm

Luminita wrote:

- The dumbed down school courses. I'm sure other countrys aren't doing this crap to this extent!

-my class mates huge over flowery bubble writting. i write small and neat, whats wrong with fitting a small sentence on half a line instead of one and a half?

That's the work of the teacher's unions.

As for the writing, I also use small and neat manuscript, but it doesn't really bother me that people use bubbly writing. Your writing style does say a lot about you, and what I get from those who have the bubbly style is that they are the ones that have the biggest problems when things don't go their way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Luminita
Luminita

Pisces Goat
Number of posts : 59
More Numbers : 7589148

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:18 am

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
Luminita wrote:

That's the work of the teacher's unions.

As for the writing, I also use small and neat manuscript, but it doesn't really bother me that people use bubbly writing. Your writing style does say a lot about you, and what I get from those who have the bubbly style is that they are the ones that have the biggest problems when things don't go their way.

your deffinitly right about that. But the main reason I hate that type of writting is that i have to put more then is nessecary just so i look like it did the same amount of work. I can fit three paragraph on one side of a sheet of papper if needed, they barely fit one and a half. So that huge writting makes it seem like they're actually working while my neat contained writing doesn't. Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pet Peeves
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDarkRealm :: the threads :: Lifestyle-
Jump to: