TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages

Go down 
+14
Emmature
Glamboy
Madelchai
SPF
endless dark
deadcoldgothgirl
DarkDreamer
MoonRaven
Spooky
QueenbHorror
Ginger_Snaps
RedAngel
WrappedinReflection
La Diva Carlotta
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7689061
Registration date : 2008-07-21

What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:08 pm

I just had Indian food. Pretty full myself.
I had 2 days off in a row. Work tomorrow.
Next day off is the 22nd sad or frown This weekend went by too fast sad or frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7595057
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:24 am

Looking up cars online. A used three year old Toyota Yaris costs almost as much as a brand new one? WTF? Not that I have any money for a car right now anyway. tongue
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 4:33 pm

Family is taking dad out to a Chinese buffet.
I'm friggin' hungry now. It's only 3:30. Reservations at 6
Back to top Go down
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318
: : What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7592883

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:57 pm

MoonRaven wrote:
Family is taking dad out to a Chinese buffet.
I'm friggin' hungry now. It's only 3:30. Reservations at 6

Those are bad news.

Last time I went to one, it was a photo finish getting home.
Back to top Go down
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 829
: : What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 Th_sta10
More Numbers : 6158911
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:06 pm

Trying to be productive. What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QueenbHorrorQueen?feature=mhee

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:05 pm

Going back and forth between writing/dictating my term paper and dicking around. I really need to write this, but I don't want to. Also, I have no idea how I'm going to stretch my argument out to 13-15 pages.... I'm currently on page three.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:43 pm

Not doing much of anything.
Watched some 'Game of Thrones'
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:57 pm

Listening to my husband make travel plans with his friend over the phone. They're going to Amsterdam. I'd go to, but with work and the traveling I need to do for school, I can't afford the extra time off.

Oh yeah, I haven't told my new boss that I need to take off two weeks in July for a school residency. Ooops. tongue
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 S3mrtd
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:08 pm

I'm waiting for my next class to start.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 11:14 pm

Winding down, and surfing Netflix. Currently watching Crossing Jordan tongue
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:10 pm

My laptop monitor has been acting the past few days, causing the computer to shut down by itself. I just transferred some important documents to a USB flash drive. I just know my lappy toppy is dying. sad or frown I'm hoping my husband will buy me a new laptop tomorrow. I really need one.

I'm about to get started on some very overdue homework. tongue Hopefully my laptop won't die until after I submit it. LOL
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 7594093
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 2:35 am

La Diva Carlotta wrote:
My laptop monitor has been acting the past few days, causing the computer to shut down by itself. I just transferred some important documents to a USB flash drive. I just know my lappy toppy is dying. sad or frown I'm hoping my husband will buy me a new laptop tomorrow. I really need one.

I'm about to get started on some very overdue homework. tongue Hopefully my laptop won't die until after I submit it. LOL

Are you sure you don't have some kind of virus, malware, or trojan?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 1:59 pm

^^Nah, I regularly scan for that stuff. it's really the monitor that's been doing crazy stuff. Hubs thinks it's the video card. My last HP laptop died in a similar fashion. Don't buy HP laptops, people!
Back to top Go down
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Re-heating some vegetarian buttered chicken, and settling in to a lazy, rainy day. Smile
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 4:04 pm

Getting acquainted with my new laptop. Installing programs I need and stuff. I'm so glad this machine didn't come loading with superfluous crap that would take a week to uninstall. I'm looking at you, HP! LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:23 pm

QueenbHorror wrote:
Re-heating some vegetarian buttered chicken, and settling in to a lazy, rainy day. Smile

How can it be vegetarian and have chicken?

I just returned to my dorm room after spending the weekend at home... and didn't work on my term paper even one minute tongue
Back to top Go down
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:04 pm

^Veggi chicken Very Happy Pretty tasty.

Giddy that I actually finished my first corset, but sad I have no battery life to take a picture of it. Its a little loose at the top, which I could either fix or see if it fits one of my friends. Can't wait to start on my next one, now that I realized the small mistakes I did with the first.

Last edited by QueenbHorror on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:05 pm

nsanelilmunky wrote:
QueenbHorror wrote:

How can it be vegetarian and have chicken?

If it's anything like vegetarian duck, it's probably wheat gluten or tofu formed and season to taste like poultry. Vegetarian duck is actually very good.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 25883sk
More Numbers : 7423028
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 3:14 pm

I'm about to dive into a Target application. It's supposed to take "at least 45 minutes."

I'd be happy to work at Target if the wage is fair. They should be big enough to offer med. benefits, and they're right down the street on the bus line, so transport would be a breeze.

If anyone's worked at Target and wants to tell me whether their experience was a decent one, I'm all ears.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 3078
More Numbers : 7568556
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:38 pm

^^I've heard they "Pay less, and expect more." tongue But personally, I am not sure. Might be worth a try!
Back to top Go down
https://www.viewbug.com/member/scphotographic
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Head is reeling after learning that my brother is out of prison. I hate the bastard, and hate that my Dad is actually talking to him again. How many times are you going to let someone walk all over you?
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 7594093
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:43 pm

WrappedinReflection wrote:
^^I've heard they "Pay less, and expect more." tongue But personally, I am not sure. Might be worth a try!

That is pretty much true when talking about major companies in today's economy--especially Wal-Mart.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:37 pm

RedAngel wrote:
I'm about to dive into a Target application. It's supposed to take "at least 45 minutes."

I'd be happy to work at Target if the wage is fair. They should be big enough to offer med. benefits, and they're right down the street on the bus line, so transport would be a breeze.

If anyone's worked at Target and wants to tell me whether their experience was a decent one, I'm all ears.

Oh god, Target.

Yeah, don't expect money if you're working there.

My first pay raise was a princely $0.13, and that was one of the better ones. After nearly 4 years there I was making a cool $0.75 an hour more than when I started.

Originally my shift started overnight, so I have a shift differential. Then the shift changed around a couple times, and they were hiring new people at $1 an hour less than I started at. There were a few of us left from that time period, but they were hiring on as much new staff as they could for the lower rate. Cue the next 6 months or so of them trying to make me quit. (Doubling my work load and trying to tell me to do it in half the time.) Regrettably for them, I'm not really someone you want to get into a battle of the wills with.

Then one day, I go into work, and get called into the office, with my manager and one of the security team. I'm told I'm being fired for "OSHA violations." The claimed I left the forklift in the back with the keys in it, forks all the way up at the top level, not once, but twice in two days, but didn't see it fit to mention it to me the first time it supposedly happened. Which was more amusing since I was the only one in the building who ever actually brought the damn thing over to the charger when he was done using it every day.

Then they tried to fight my unemployment claim. The unemployment office called me up, asked me what happened, said "that doesn't sound right at all," and then called them, to give them a chance to prove their claim, which they easily could have, since there's more cameras in the back rooms and at every angle than there is on the sales floor.

Next week I started getting my unemployment from them.

Funnily, I was mentioning it to someone in my WoW guild back when I still played, and it turned out he was of some higher position at a Target or at the corporate office or something of the sort. Conversation went like this:

"Did they say you made OSHA violations?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Yeah, that's what we say when we want to get rid of someone."
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 25883sk
More Numbers : 7423028
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 2:28 pm

QueenB: Ohh man... hug Hoping you and your dad stay safe.

WIR and Ginger: You're probably right... I've thought the same thing but thought my bias against big-boxes was unfounded. Then I read Madelchai's post, which confirmed my gut instinct.

Madelchai: Thanks for that feedback -- that's the kind of info I was hoping to hear about. Evidently they're still using safety issues as a smokescreen; the questionnaire (well, one of them) I filled out yesterday was probably 40-50% filled with safety questions. Jerk-stupid ones, too. I need a job, sure, but I need one that won't have a negative impact on my work history. After all, someone else will look at my resume in the future. I also need something that shows growth in skills, and while I'd be happy to move merch and stock shelves (some weird side of me likes to organize things), Target would probably not be a step forward for me.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 8:40 pm

Debating myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing at the mo?   What is everyone doing at the mo? - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDarkRealm :: the threads :: Lifestyle-
Jump to: