TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Things You Must Have
What is everyone doing at the mo?
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Similar topics

Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts Evil10
More Numbers : 7859259
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts   Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:49 pm

A group of experts have gathered at the Edinburgh Science Festival to discuss the existence of ghosts.

They will focus on apparitions caught on camera or video. Amongst the topics of discussion will be Tantallon Castle in North Berwick, which has recently attracted interest after a photograph taken in May last year appears to show a man or woman peering out of a window.

The image of the figure in period costume spooked experts into conducting the biggest ever investigation into supernatural beings.

No mannequins or costumed guides are employed at the castle, and three photographic experts have confirmed that no digital manipulation was carried out on the photo.

Sceptical Professor Richard Wiseman, who led the study, admitted to being puzzled. He said: "It is certainly very curious. We ran it by three photographic experts and they said it hadn't been Photoshopped at all.

"The figure appears to be in period costume, but we know 100% that Tantallon Castle is not the sort of place that has dummies or costumed guides; they just don't go in for that sort of thing.

"I suppose it could be a visitor looking a little bit strange. Perhaps someone will come forward. Another possibility is an odd reflection of sunlight, but it does look very like a person. The explanation is not obvious."

Tantallon Castle, a ruined fortress dating back to the 14th century, stands on a remote rocky headland near North Berwick. It was badly damaged in an attack by Oliver Cromwell's forces in 1651.

Christopher Aitchison, who took the photo, said: "I was not aware of anyone, or anything, being present in my picture, only noticing the anomaly when I got home.

"Staff have verified that there were no sinister dummies in period costume or historical re-enactments going on that day at the castle. I did not notice any nice old ladies wearing ruffs walking around the stairs! Some people have suggested its just light reflecting on rocks and one person suggested it may be King James V of Scotland."

Meanwhile, Grace Lamb - an enthusiast of the supernatural - has come forward with another Tantallon Castle photograph taken in 1976, where a mysterious object appears above the heads of her children Paul and Kelly and her late husband Hugh.

Historic Scotland, which looks after the castle, said there is no history of ghosts there, but agrees the two images are "intriguing".
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7816825
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts   Experts meet in Edinburgh to discuss existence of ghosts I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:07 pm

This is great! woohoo More ghost stuff! clap

WOWWW! The figure far right looks headless, but there's a lot of other faces there on the wall and something... what's that blocking that guys butt & upper leg in that pic? Is it really behind something?

Interesting story too!
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1