TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Goths and Self-Defense

Go down 
+10
Alenuska
Madelchai
OrpheusFaust
GhostRed
Ginger_Snaps
helen damnation
RedAngel
Synth
Morwenna
Lolita Rose
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goths and Self-Defense   Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:10 pm

RedAngel wrote:
Been chatting via Facebook recently with the organizer of The Sophie Lancaster Self Defence Class. The classes are currently available in the UK, but he's also interested in creating an international network of self-defense classes to help empower anyone who's been threatened for being outside the mainstream.

If anyone here knows of an instructor outside the UK who'd like to get involved in teaching these classes, please let him know via the site's contact info or via Facebook. Thanks!

He's one of life's good guys. Loads of kudos to him because I believe that he has suffered personally from attacks by ignorant people
Back to top Go down
DarkDreamer
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
: : Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7526902
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Goths and Self-Defense   Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 10:19 pm

I know that before I was pretty adamant about being unarmed, but in light of some recent issues with stalking and nearly being mugged several times, I've given in and had a relative buy me a vial of mace. I haven't needed to use it yet, but feel like it's a good thing to have. For me I feel like it's the perfect weapon; it's not (generally) lethal, I don't have to get very close to a potential assailant to use it, and after a quick spray I can just run like hell and everything should be okay.

It sucks though, because it feels like my neighborhood has been getting so much worse lately. There was apparently a fatal shooting down the street from me a few weeks ago, and I've started to hear gunshots maybe one to three times a month and witness drug deals on the streets a few times a week. I've lived in this area for almost three years now, and don't like the way things are going... I can't wait until my lease is up, so I can hopefully move to a safer area. Back when I moved here it was so safe that I could carry my laptop with me at night and never have to worry. Now even walking down the street after dark scares me...
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Goths and Self-Defense   Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 5:54 pm

That's awful and I hate the idea of you feeling unsafe. hug

I hope your lease is up very soon and you can live somewhere where you can go out and have peace of mind and feel safe

I'm lucky in that I live in a little Welsh seaside town and the most exciting thing that happens is the annual Victorian Extravaganza!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goths and Self-Defense   Goths and Self-Defense - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goths and Self-Defense
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2