TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Things You Must Have
What is everyone doing at the mo?
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Similar topics

Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church

Go down 
+6
Morwenna
helen damnation
Maxmordon
Succubus
angelofthenight
ravengrim
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 445
: : Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7753473
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church   Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 6:41 pm

angelofthenight wrote:
Oh goodness, what's next. Being a sin to tell kids about Santa tongue

Actually, ever since I was able to understand English, my parents let me know that Santa was a fake. I have never believed in him because if I did, when I grew up and realized he wasn't real, well, guess what, that means JESUS must not be real either!!!!

Yes, it is a sin to tell kids about Santa. Oi. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 S1rl90
More Numbers : 7747042
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church   Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 7:20 pm

Morwenna wrote:
They're upset because people aren't the mindless, illiterate sheeple they were in the dark ages and it's getting harder and harder to control the masses with their bs.

LOVE IT! devildance

Remember that this is the same Catholic Church who invented universities?
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
: : Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 S1rl90

PostSubject: Re: Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church   Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 7:27 pm

GhostRed wrote:
angelofthenight wrote:
Oh goodness, what's next. Being a sin to tell kids about Santa tongue

Actually, ever since I was able to understand English, my parents let me know that Santa was a fake. I have never believed in him because if I did, when I grew up and realized he wasn't real, well, guess what, that means JESUS must not be real either!!!!

Yes, it is a sin to tell kids about Santa. Oi. Rolling Eyes

This was pretty much a Jack Chick tract hilariously baffling. The message is pretty much "OK kids, we lied you about the Easter Bunny; but Jesus is real!"
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7855201
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church   Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 1:49 am

Well, that was a fun read now I just have to wait for someone to say poly-cotton blends are evil and the easter bunny eats children and we'll be set...
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
: : Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 25a7xqo
More Numbers : 7753551
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church   Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 2:26 am

Maxmordon wrote:
Morwenna wrote:
They're upset because people aren't the mindless, illiterate sheeple they were in the dark ages and it's getting harder and harder to control the masses with their bs.

LOVE IT! devildance

Remember that this is the same Catholic Church that taught that the Earth was flat and was the center of the universe until 1992 when they exonerated Galileo and admitted they were wrong? grin
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church   Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 3:06 am

Morwenna wrote:
Maxmordon wrote:
Morwenna wrote:

LOVE IT! devildance

Remember that this is the same Catholic Church that taught that the Earth was flat and was the center of the universe until 1992 when they exonerated Galileo and admitted they were wrong? grin

Actually, they never said that on religious grounds but rather because they put Aristotle in a higher position. Since the Greeks we know that Earth is round (you go to the beach and you can see that from beach, the curve) the idea that people back then thought the Earth was flat is mostly based on Washington Irving's Colombus biography. Which is the Victorian version of films like Braveheart or The Patriot in historical accurancy. It wasn't just relevant, like for us how relevant is Quantum Physics.

Can't deny they were unfair with Galileo and Coperniccus, though

Remember, this is the same Catholic Church whose clergy brought to us the big bang theory and genetics, Islam brought us hospitals in the modern sense of the word, great developments in chemistry and even psychology! (The Qu'ran especifically commands to take care of the mentally ill)

I am not pretendingreligion is completely flawless but rather that don't look the whole thing as a black-and-white, right or wrong thing; since it is not. It's something as complex as societies and civilizations (specially since it has been the backbone of most of them) and can be something very good or something very bad...
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church   Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 3:39 am

endless dark wrote:
Well, that was a fun read now I just have to wait for someone to say poly-cotton blends are evil and the easter bunny eats children and we'll be set...

Quote :
No one can articulate a syllable which is not filled with tenderness and fear, which is not, in one of these languages, the powerful name of a god. To speak is to fall into tautology

Jorge luis Borges, The Library of Babel

So, pretty much whatever we do is offensive to someone somewhere... Shocked
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7853186

PostSubject: Re: Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church   Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:55 am

Maxmordon wrote:
endless dark wrote:

Quote :
No one can articulate a syllable which is not filled with tenderness and fear, which is not, in one of these languages, the powerful name of a god. To speak is to fall into tautology

Jorge luis Borges, The Library of Babel

So, pretty much whatever we do is offensive to someone somewhere... Shocked

Yeah, pretty much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
: : Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7704617
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church   Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 9:29 am

endless dark wrote:

I always thought there was some kind of conspiracy about the Easter Bunny, he only sends the children baskets of filled goodies...does the Easter Bunny have the "old lady in the woods" syndrome from Hansel and Gretel? shock Laughing
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7855201

PostSubject: Re: Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church   Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 9:37 am

Its possible, I got bored one night and figured out how to say santa's the devil so meh
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7758218
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church   Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 1:05 am

The statistics show that the higher the IQ the lower the religious belief. Science has done a good job of explaining things without using the supernatural.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church   Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bishop claims education is the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2