TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Gothic Events?

Go down 
+9
RedAngel
Spooky
GothicScrybe
La Diva Carlotta
ravengrim
beautyindecay
GhostRed
Synth
DarkDreamer
13 posters
AuthorMessage

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 6:23 pm

If anyone has the sources... it may be a great idea to list whatever 2009 Gothic Events going on in the December newsletter.
However, I was thinking more immediate.

I'm aware of the 2008 Annual Gothic Cruise (which took place last week if I remember correctly) so I'm sure that'll happen in 2009. There's a Gothic Ball this Friday...
Other than that, I find myself extremely out of the loop for various events occuring within the US (and, for our lovely international members... the UK... and elsewhere but... seems the US & UK are the majority - no offense.)

So...
If anyone knows of anything going on that could be considered a "gothic event" I'm hoping it'll be posted within this thread... or maybe a stickie could be made?

Really wanted to go to the ball... and had I known about it sooner I probably would have went... hopefully this/a thread will prevent that for myself and others from missing such awesome things.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 12:40 am

So glad this topic actually worked out... Laughing

Anyways, I did stumble across this event. Apparently this group of Anne Rice/Lestat fans or something puts on a Ball around Halloween.

Last Year:

Gothic Events? ARVLFC_2008_Party_Poster

This (2009) Year it's the "Blood and Gold Ball" in celebration of Armand, Marius, and Pandora. heart Pandora heart

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=80911779&blogID=446106051

Quote :
More importantly, the thing we ran out of time to do on Friday night was announce to you the theme for next year's Ball. Sorry about that...you know how a live event can be. lol. Next year the 2009 ARVLFC Coven Ball theme will be The Blood and Gold Ball in honor of Marius, Armand, and Pandora! So, next year you are invited to spend a Devil's Night with us in the true style of a Venetian Ball! Start your sewing machines!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=80911779&blogID=448454390

Quote :
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=80911779&blogID=448454390

[url=http://www.myspace.com/lestempsdesvampires ]"Les Temps des Vampires" Official Myspace Page[/url]

Based on the various pictures, it looks like an amazing time - lots of good people and fun for all. I am 100% definitely going in 2009 and hope to see y'all there as well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarkDreamer
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
: : Gothic Events? 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7525589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 11:02 am

I believe that this event is fairly well-known in the Northeast, but I figure I'll post it anyways...

BlackSun Festival
It is to be held sometime in March 2009, in New Haven, Connecticut.

In the past they've always seemed to have really good artists playing the festival. In the past they've had Voltaire, Black Tape For a Blue Girl, The Birthday Massacre, and a lot of other really awesome musicians. I hope that it is just as good next year!!!

http://www.blacksun-festival.com/
Back to top Go down
Synth
Synth

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 578
: : Gothic Events? S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7588039
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 12:39 pm

WGW weekends. April and October!

Whitby, UK
Back to top Go down
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 445
: : Gothic Events? Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7588035

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 4:48 pm

Shoot, I seriously wish I lived in Portland. That one of my life's goals.
Back to top Go down
beautyindecay
beautyindecay

Number of posts : 125
More Numbers : 7570802
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:07 pm

For anyone who is going to be in the socal area, In tijuana,Mexico Amduscia will be playing december 6,2008 at the younite lounge.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/sarahhdz
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Gothic Events? Evil10
More Numbers : 7695134
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:02 pm

Projektfest'10

Friday, July 30, Projekt Records brings us the tenth Projektfest. This event is “a non-stop, all-age, goth cabaret,” and it could be the best one yet.
Projektfest'10 performances include:
Nicki Jaine (Introductory chanteuse serenades & musical saw melodies)
The Twilight Garden (Melancholic mix of synth-pop, new wave, & cold wave)
Unto Ashes (Doomful apocalyptic folk & wicked Medieval dance)
Black Tape for a Blue Girl with Brian Viglione on guitar (Character sketches in theatrical dark cabaret style)
Voltaire (Morbid humor from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, murder ballads, & other macabre favorites)
DJs Annabel Evil and Mätthew Griffin
The festival will be held at The Tracadero in Philly. Tickets are only $10. That’s crazy low, and in a newsletter, Projekt founder Sam Rosenthal explains why:
Projektfest tickets have gone from $39 to $10 and you may be wondering why such a thing would happen.
It's quite simple: It's the best thing for me and it's the best thing for you.
I received feedback from fans that the economy is really tough, and although they'd love to attend Projektfest, the $39 ticket price + travel expenses are a bit much for them.
What that says to me is that if I keep the price at $39, there is a large group of really wonderful (and no doubt fabulous-looking) people who won't be at Projektfest.
This was not good news because wonderful and fabulous-looking people enjoying each other, enjoying great music, having fun in a big party atmosphere is what makes Projektfest wonderful.
I knew I needed to change something and lowering the price and consolidating the entertainment is a win-win decision: you have the opportunity to attend Projektfest at a price that doesn't hit your wallet so hard, and I have the satisfaction of seeing all of your wonderful and fabulous-looking selves at the event instead of being sad, lonely, and perhaps even mopey due to your absence.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Gothic Events? Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7593744

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:10 pm

^^ That sounds pretty cool. I just emailed my friend about it, maybe I could drag her to this. Philly really isn't all that far from me.
Back to top Go down
GothicScrybe
vip member
GothicScrybe

Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 2480
More Numbers : 7325486
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:31 am

Oh how I'd LOVE to attend this...
Back to top Go down
http://thelosttheforgottenthedamned.com/
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Gothic Events? 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7582614
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:37 am

I'm gonna be there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
GothicScrybe
vip member
GothicScrybe

Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 2480
More Numbers : 7325486
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:03 am

Be sure to tell us all about it, Spooky.
Back to top Go down
http://thelosttheforgottenthedamned.com/
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Gothic Events? 25883sk
More Numbers : 7421715
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:11 pm

Philly... grrr... I miss living in the Northeast. :/ (Well, I miss it 3/4 of the year.)
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
TheDarkHippie
TheDarkHippie

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 1101
: : Gothic Events? Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7355261
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:30 pm

tell us about it spooky!!!! If it's going on again next year I am so going! it's only like a 7 hour drive, and I'm going to have to head down to VA anyway...I'll just leave early Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/joanestabrook#/profile.php?id=757050283&
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Merry Meet in Oxford, Connecticut

On the weekends of July 17, 24, and 31, jump in your car and head out to the 18th Century for this year’s Midsummer Magick Renaissance Faire of Southern Connecticut.

What is this adventure I speak of? From the official Web site:
Welcome to the Midsummer Magick Faire, a joyous day in a village of Old England. It is a feast day, and Schreiber’s Farm abounds in excitement!
Today, there shall be a circle of bards, trained in the ancient ways, gathered in competition for renoun and sacred honour. Today merchants and artisans have gathered to purvey their brightest and finest to the people of the town! Jugglers, choristers, musicians, gamesters, fools, and many others have travelled to this happy place to ply their noble trades, and we abound in shamans, conjourers, and sages of all varieties.
And there is yet more! Today, the wiseman Merridwyn (or “Merlin,” as later ages will know him) has visited, perhaps to advise the highborn nobles and knights who’ve come to visit. There will be swordfighting! Drama and adventure! High action and low comedy, learning and gaming, and fun for all. Honest tradesmen, wise teachers, dashing rogues, cunning herbalists, ambitious squires, curious scoundrels, and many more characters will greet and interact with you. Come as you are, or come in thy favorite ancient garb – welcome either way!
Relax and enjoy our many entertainments throughout the village. Take an enthralling and educational nature walk. Read omens with our own auger. Take enjoyment in fine foods and drink! Enjoy the sun gleaming on our beautiful lake.
Greetings and well-met! We bid you, come enjoy the season’s bounty with us!

http://midsummermagickfaire.com/tickets/

Gothic ?Maybe but even if it isn't Renaissance Faires are an excuse to dress up and have a great time.
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
More Numbers : 7591570
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:50 pm

^^Tell me about something in michigan tongue I don't think I have ever in my life been to a goth event. I'm not sure if it is because I don't know where to look or if I'm just not cool enough to be int he loop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 8:57 pm

LOL, I am trying.

I live in the tropics myself so I won't be going to any of these events either.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Gothic Events? Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7593744

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:41 pm

Ooh! Renn fair in Connecticut. I think I can do that! If I can convince my hubby to drive me. It's not too far. About an hour and a half away. It takes me the same amount of time to get to work every day. Ha!
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
More Numbers : 7591570
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:14 am

^^Lol if the renaissance festival counts as a goth event then I have gone to one goth event every year of my life. I'm addicted to that festival. I'm even planning a special trip back home for it since the opening weekend here is on my move in date for my appartment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Gothic Events? 25883sk
More Numbers : 7421715
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:12 pm

Ooh, that CT Ren Faire does sound like fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Here you go DCGG

http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?app=calendar

Might find something you'd like to do there.
Back to top Go down
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
: : Gothic Events? 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7367201
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 8:32 pm

Convergence 2013- AUSTIN.

I think this event may be controversial/undesirable to some in this group, but this spring it's being held in my hometown which means that my club-buddies and tertiary friends are planning a week of after-parties and shenanigans! Naturally, I'll be indulging as well. I'm afraid my couch was claimed as soon as the location was announced, but if you're coming to town and want a native Austinite to guide you to the cool shops, bats, fried avocado tacos, civil war cemeteries, and cheap margaritas, hit me up! We'll have a blast, and maybe I can try to find you a place to crash as well!
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
More Numbers : 7577979
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 2:47 am

I am proud to say that Nebraska has now 3 gothic events.....that I know of. One is every month, one is seasonal, and one annual.
Back to top Go down

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 4:42 am

SPF wrote:
I am proud to say that Nebraska has now 3 gothic events.....that I know of. One is every month, one is seasonal, and one annual.

And I've never been to any of them Neutral Or heard of them...
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
More Numbers : 7577979
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 6:09 pm

nsanelilmunky wrote:
SPF wrote:

And I've never been to any of them Neutral Or heard of them...

I will keep you posted.

Every month at House of Loom they have Noir

Every few months there is Wasteland Omaha

Then the annual Goth Ball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gothic Events? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Events?   Gothic Events? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gothic Events?
Page 1 of 1