TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BadArt23
BadArt23

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 389
: : Where You At?
: : Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7585303
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? Empty
PostSubject: Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening?   Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 5:54 pm

First of all I want to say HOW MUCH I HAVE MISSED YOU ALL!! I have been busy in college and pretty much forgot about the internet except for Facebook for... a while. You guys were always close like family and dear to my heart. You all were the first group of people I found on the internet!  I have been looking for sound advice from people I can trust lately and to kind of vent.

I feel like I have let the last three years of my life completely pass me by and it is really unsettling...it began in fall 2010, when I started having some anxiety issues, so I did poorly in school that semester. I was pretty sure I didn't want to stay in the major I was in, and I even had a smart boyfriend at the time who encouraged me to change my major to English like I had wanted to. I wish I had. But I was very stubborn and right as life was about to get really exciting and give me opportunities beyond what I could have asked for, I sabotaged everything in one fell swoop, and made some decisions that really hurt me in the long run. I knew they were bad but I pretended like they weren't happening basically. It cycled and now I've been spouted into oblivion for a long time, going the wrong direction and mostly just missing out on life from worrying too much.

I'm back to working on my French degree and looking to go to grad school, and I have goals and stuff now, and I know to challenge myself, so I'm doing ok now, but I am still freaking out about the consequences of my actions.

Maybe you guys can help change my perspective? Do you guys have any similar experiences?

Last edited by BadArt23 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:11 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : words)
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? Bjevig
More Numbers : 7592780
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening?   Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 7:14 pm

Yep, all the time.

I'm not necessarily in the same boat as you but I do find myself failing to live up to certain standards, both my own and the school's, so I get easily depressed about it. The main difference is that I'm not pretending that I'm not doing so well but that I have accepted that I am just simply lazy; I can't really pretend when I know what the real problem is: me. You may be just going through one of those maturation points in adulthood.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318
: : Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? Bjevig
More Numbers : 7591570
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening?   Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 8:33 pm

Just don't start taking drugs. Your problems won't go away, you'll still have all the same problems as before you took them, except now you can't go up the stairs because they're made of fish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening?   Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 10:09 pm

Welcome to life. I f**ked up again today with mine. I just have to keep my head down and carry on and hope that it will all get a little better next school year.

Just try to get something to work for and never lose sight of it.
Back to top Go down
BadArt23
BadArt23

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening?   Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 12:10 am

Oh yes I am definitely focusing harder on goals this time! That was a huge detriment to me in the past, as I was basically giving up right before the action started. I get really obsessive about details but I know I've just gotta let them go and life will certainly bring good fortune if I work as hard as I did in high school.

Thanks guys :)Your support makes me feel good

Last edited by BadArt23 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:28 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : I thought of more things to say)
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7689763
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening?   Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 2:13 pm

Been there, done that, brought home the Tee shirt.

You're 22, you have plenty of time to fix stuff, maybe not everything but some stuff. Unless its still something fresh I wouldn't sit around and worry/wait on the consequences that might not happen or even the ones that have happened unless it's something that will throw you off your path in such a way you couldn't get back on, in that case I'd make it one of the things on that "to fix" list and get working on it.

Other than that all I can say is kind of the same as nsane, welcome to life except instead of keeping your head down I'd say keep it up. If you put your head down its easier to lose sight of your goals and end up just following the motions and really at the end of the day all it comes down to is if you would you rather reach the end saying "I did it my way" or "I followed the pack".
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
BadArt23
BadArt23

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening?   Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:15 pm

good point 

Yeah! Keeping my head up Smile

Last edited by BadArt23 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:08 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : i never get it right the first time!)
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7582614
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening?   Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:03 pm

I know all about seeing a possible bright future, and then taking steps to ruin it; we are an animal that fears change, even when you could make something bleak and hard better, we humans get so used to a type of lifestyle or situation, that we have fears of making it different. But if you know what you want, and take the steps to commit to it, then no one should be able to stand in your way...even yourself.

By the by, you're young, some of these big life changes should be taken a bit later in life when you can weigh the experiences you've had against them, instead of just confronting one relatively unknown life-changing event after another with nothing but your gumption (yeah your gumption).

Welcome back, and if that's the new hair.... nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
BadArt23
BadArt23

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening?   Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:51 am

Thanks, Spooky! It's actually a wig XD

I guess I'm mostly scared and convinced that it's too late to do what I want to do or be who I want to be...but I guess that's just another way I'm telling myself "I can't." At least that's what I tell myself to feel better. It's the hardest thing to fight through. I used to be so good at fighting off that negative inner voice and moving on to making things better but it's louder than ever now so I fear that might be because it's true.

All I want for now is to be comfortable again and to be able to trust myself and not be like stuck in this terrifying mindset I've trapped myself in, where nothing is possible and everything is a step in the wrong direction
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening?   Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you ever pretend that life isn't happening?
Page 1 of 1