TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

WTF Moments

Go down 
+4
Madelchai
QueenbHorror
endless dark
deadcoldgothgirl
8 posters
AuthorMessage

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:17 pm

I'm creating this thread for all of those times that we've heard or seen something that has made us go 'wtf'. Kinda' a mix between the Random Thoughts thread and the Rant/b!tch/Moan thread.

I'll go first.

On the road to Scottsbluff this weekend (school trip to South Dakoda. Stayed the night in Scottsbluff, Nebraska), the student from Armenia was trying to debate with all of us about Christopher Columbus.

According to her, the powers that be in Europe (well, Portugal actually) already knew America existed before Columbus set sail, that he was actually a Portuguese spy sent to sail the oceans for Spain to 'discover' America so that they could openly start to invade it.

Okay, 1. Yes, both the Vikings and China both had interactions in North America centuries before Columbus, but that info was limited to those areas. I seriously question whether the southern European countries would have taken any of these stories of interaction seriously had they heard them. The problem is, Columbus himself didn't know he had found a new place and the southern European countries hadn't a clue about the Chinese and Viking discoveries.

2. A Portuguese spy sent to Spain to give them credit for finding a 'new world'? Yeah right.

3. Invasion? That is a pretty good description as to what happened, but the term that the Europeans at the time used was 'colonization' and they seriously believed that they were being sent their by their god for missionary reasons.

When asked about what documentation she had to prove this, she mentioned a book. I'm wondering if it was this book and that her English just wasn't good enough for her to really 'get' it. If not, I have no idea what this book is, but this moment seriously made me go: 'WHAT. THE. f**k.'

I did get a little annoyed how she wouldn't listen to any of the points we brought up and how she would reply in a way that sounded like she thought she was better informed/smarter/superior than us who actually knew history and documentary evidence. She also seemed to think that me being a History Major was a serious flaw in me understanding true history.
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : WTF Moments S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7592883
Registration date : 2008-07-24

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:39 am

^^I can understand where you are coming from. I'm not sure what her resources are, but everyone wants to believe something different happened in history. Like how people are trying to claim that the holocaust never happened.

I had two wtf moments earlier.

1) There was a girl that said that only teenagers are goth because adult grow out of that stage. O.o Umm there is no stage for them to grow out of. Either you are goth, or you are pretending to be one for attention. They are very different.

2) I stopped at an online club that supposedly had goth music playing. I figured I would give it a listen. Green Day started playing Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : WTF Moments Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7691076
Registration date : 2008-07-21

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:16 am

my random thoughts post from yesterday... very very much a WTF moment.

endless dark wrote:

what did I just watch? Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 829
: : WTF Moments Th_sta10
More Numbers : 6158911
Registration date : 2011-07-18

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Went to a surprise birthday party with my sister over the weekend. My sister lives out in a backwards country town, whose locals are...strange. We made it to the party kinda late, and everyone around us was three sheets to the wind. A woman who use to be my sister's friend kept hanging around us, drunk of her a$$. There is also a peculiar funk that also hangs around... Turns out that drunkie sh*t her pants....really. Crapped her pants, and kept on dancing. Wha...wha...WHAT?!?! Who does that? Who gets drunk enough to crap their pants, and still hang around with the party? Next morning she posts on fb how much fun she had, and how they all should do it again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QueenbHorrorQueen?feature=mhee
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318
: : WTF Moments Bjevig

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:42 pm

QueenbHorror wrote:
Went to a surprise birthday party with my sister over the weekend. My sister lives out in a backwards country town, whose locals are...strange. We made it to the party kinda late, and everyone around us was three sheets to the wind. A woman who use to be my sister's friend kept hanging around us, drunk of her a$$. There is also a peculiar funk that also hangs around... Turns out that drunkie sh*t her pants....really. Crapped her pants, and kept on dancing. Wha...wha...WHAT?!?! Who does that? Who gets drunk enough to crap their pants, and still hang around with the party? Next morning she posts on fb how much fun she had, and how they all should do it again.

Jesus, what a wreck. I've drank for 16 hours straight and not come anywhere near close to pants shitting. I've only ever thrown up one time, and that wasn't even the alcohol, that was me spending the aforementioned 16 hours also eating my body weight in food, and when it shifted when I went to lay down for the night, well, bad news bears went down, and I was still in enough sense to make it properly into the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : WTF Moments 25883sk
More Numbers : 7423028
Registration date : 2008-11-30

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 2:16 pm

QueenB: Just... wow. Shocked

Some f***er just barked at my dog. zombie

Milo and I were walking peacefully on the other side of the road, and a grounds worker apparently tried to start a fight with Milo. WTF?
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:06 pm

QueenbHorror wrote:

zombie Shocked zombie holy hel. wtf...
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 7594093
Registration date : 2008-07-22

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 1:32 pm

The vet called yesterday after getting surgery on one of my cats and said that there were fragments of shotgun shells under skin (meaning someone had been shooting at him). This is one of the sweetest cats in the world.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 1:49 pm

^^ That's awful! sad or frown God, there are some loathsome examples of the human race out there. sad or frown
Back to top Go down

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 12:10 am

Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : WTF Moments Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7595057
Registration date : 2008-07-23

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:50 am

^^That was very strange reading. Is he downplaying the sex scandal? Then there are parts where he is contradicting himself. WTF?! He gave me a headache.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 2:52 am

QueenbHorror wrote:

Thinking back, that reminds me of this:

Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : WTF Moments Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7691076

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:11 am

I was looking up various minecraft related things when I came across some guys post on the "Landover baptist church" forums about how minecraft is turning our children into sex slaves and its of the devil. But over the whole post this parts possibly my favorite, partly because I'm hoping this person is just trolling but also because this person might actually fully believe what they're saying is the truth.

Quote :
Destroying our economy!
Minecraft teaches children that you can create your own tools by combining ingredients instead of the American way of ordering online or going to Walmart. It teaches children they can farm their own food instead of teaching them the American way of going to McDonald's. It teaches them to waste huge amounts of time on making their own buildings instead of the American way of buying a house with borrowed money! It teaches children to be creative instead of watching commercials on television! All this clearly damages and ultimately destroys the American economy! It can be no coincidence that this game was created while Obama is in office!
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:00 am

^^^I personally think it's a troll.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:04 pm

Do realize, LBC is a poe site (meaning its whole point is to parody fundamentalist Christians).
Back to top Go down

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 7:06 pm

Quote :
Stressed backgrounds is desserts.

....Do you seriously not know the difference between 'backgrounds' and 'backwards'?
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : WTF Moments Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7595057
Registration date : 2008-07-23

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:24 pm

^^Ha ha!
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:31 pm

nsanelilmunky wrote:
Quote :
Stressed backgrounds is desserts.

....Do you seriously not know the difference between 'backgrounds' and 'backwards'?

I had to read it out loud with "backwards" to understand what was trying to be said there.
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 6:58 pm

A guy told me the other day I look like a cow because of my nose ring and he should tie a rope to it and lead me around. Are you freaking kidding me?
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 7:02 pm

deadcoldgothgirl wrote:
A guy told me the other day I look like a cow because of my nose ring and he should tie a rope to it and lead me around. Are you freaking kidding me?

"Hey, why aren't you in the feminine hygiene section?"
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : WTF Moments 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7579292
Registration date : 2008-07-31

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:51 pm

deadcoldgothgirl wrote:

What!! who says that to someone?
I would have told him that his face resembles an a**hole.
Back to top Go down
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 829
: : WTF Moments Th_sta10
More Numbers : 6158911
Registration date : 2011-07-18

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:17 pm

deadcoldgothgirl wrote:

Why didn't I see this earlier? Ah, another random a$$-hole sighting. Gotta love 'em. blast
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QueenbHorrorQueen?feature=mhee
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 4:47 pm

deadcoldgothgirl wrote:

I agree with, well, everyone above: who says that kind of crap?? zombie

Speaking of horrible things to say, a comeback: "You look like an idiot. I should drive a rail spike through your empty skull and... just leave you there, actually."
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm

It was pretty bad. I'm surprised at how rude some people can be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WTF Moments Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Moments   WTF Moments I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTF Moments
Page 1 of 1