TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Things You Must Have
What is everyone doing at the mo?
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Similar topics

Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online Evil10
More Numbers : 7860572
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online Empty
PostSubject: Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online   Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:20 am

Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online

Holly Crawford, who inspired outrage in legions of animal lovers when her Pennsylvania home was raided and several pierced animals were seized in late 2008, has been convicted of animal cruelty.

Crawford, a dog groomer by trade, had been marketing so-called "gothic kittens" -- with piercings in their ears and necks -- for sale on the Internet auction site eBay.

She was found guilty of one misdemeanor count and one summary count of animal cruelty and acquitted on two separate counts; sentencing is scheduled for March 31. Deputy District Attorney David Pedri told the Wilkes-Barre Times Leader that he would seek a sentence of 12 to 18 months in prison, although a judge could sentence her to up to five years.

Prosecutors argued that Crawford intentionally inflicted pain on the cats to make money.

Lawyers for Crawford said she didn't act maliciously and noted that there is no explicit law against piercing pets. (However, pets are among the items that are prohibited for sale on eBay, pierced or not.) Crawford has said that she used sterilized needles and surgical soap and made sure the kittens were healing properly.

"When I did it, it wasn’t with any cruel intentions," Crawford said during the trial. "They were definitely loved, well-fed, no fleas, clipped nails. And they were happy."

Crawford said she decided on a whim to pierce the ears and neck of a stray kitten she took in. She claimed that she docked the tail of the cat, whom she named Snarly Monster, because it was badly damaged. Snarly Monster was not intended for sale, she said.

In photos taken from Crawford's "gothic kitten" advertisements, black kittens are seen with their ears and necks pierced with 14g (1.6 millimeter) earrings, the size usually reserved for humans' tongue piercings. In one photo, a kitten's ears are weighed down by jewelry manufactured for use as belly button piercings.

A concerned animal lover saw an advertisement for the kittens, called the phone number associated with the ad and later traveled to Crawford's home outside Wilkes-Barre to see the kittens. He then alerted authorities, who raided the home and removed three kittens, all with piercings and at least one with a ring placed on its tail to stop blood circulation, as well as an adult cat. Authorities also reported finding a dog with pierced ears in the home.

In a previous interview with the Associated Press, Crawford said she didn't think there was a difference between piercing a cat or a human.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals criticized Crawford and called the piercings "barbaric."

"There's no excuse for inflicting such pain on an animal that's the size of your palm," said the group's vice president for cruelty investigations, Daphna Nachminovitch.

The kittens remain in the custody of the Luzerne County SPCA, according to the Times Leader.

I'd like to see what kind of sentence she will get for this.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online Bjevig
More Numbers : 7758218
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online   Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:23 am

Didn't this happen about a year ago?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7855201
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online   Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:27 pm

I think we were still on the GB boards when this was first brought up, holy geez its taking a long time to do anything...
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7818138
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online   Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:20 pm

Here's that article's thread Pierced Kittens Removed From Home
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online   Pennsylvania dog groomer found guilty of animal cruelty for attempting to sell 'gothic kittens' online I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1