TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
True Blood I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
True Blood I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
True Blood I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
True Blood I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
True Blood I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
True Blood I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
True Blood I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
True Blood I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
True Blood I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
True Blood I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
True Blood I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
True Blood I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
True Blood I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

True Blood

Go down 
+3
MoonRaven
SPF
helen damnation
7 posters
AuthorMessage
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : True Blood 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7686443
Registration date : 2008-07-21

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 5:47 pm

Has anybody else been watching this?

I caught it for the first time the other night and it was intriguing..... apart from the fact that the chief vampire was wearing brown polyester! Laughing
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : True Blood 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7577979
Registration date : 2008-07-31

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:04 pm

^^^OH!! I love true blood, I have watched all the episodes. Its sooooooo amazing!
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 5:51 pm

I'm getting similarly addicted to it. Mr D had suggested to me ages ago that I would enjoy it but I pooh poohed him. I was wrong!
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : True Blood Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7687748

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:03 pm

I heard it was good but I haven't watched it yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
GothicScrybe
vip member
GothicScrybe

Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 2480
: : True Blood Evil10
More Numbers : 7325486
Registration date : 2009-02-09

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:22 am

helen damnation wrote:

I caught it for the first time the other night and it was intriguing..... apart from the fact that the chief vampire was wearing brown polyester! Laughing

This may sound snobby and that's really not my intention, but I am so disillusioned and disappointed with anything modern vampire (especially TV shows) that I can't watch anything even remotely vampire related. sad or frown

I know times change (however...I'm stubborn!) but I haven't found a vampire series to be worth my time since the 90's version of Dark Shadows with Ben Cross.

Sigh...now he was a vampire. drool
Back to top Go down
http://thelosttheforgottenthedamned.com/
helen damnation
helen damnation

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 5:24 pm

GothicScrybe wrote:
helen damnation wrote:

This may sound snobby and that's really not my intention, but I am so disillusioned and disappointed with anything modern vampire (especially TV shows) that I can't watch anything even remotely vampire related. sad or frown

I know times change (however...I'm stubborn!) but I haven't found a vampire series to be worth my time since the 90's version of Dark Shadows with Ben Cross.

I can totally understand that! I admit to being a vampire snob in that I always see them as being British (blame Chris Lee) or East European.
Back to top Go down
GothicScrybe
vip member
GothicScrybe

Aries Rooster

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:20 pm

helen damnation wrote:
GothicScrybe wrote:
helen damnation wrote:

I can totally understand that! I admit to being a vampire snob in that I always see them as being British (blame Chris Lee) or East European.

Being an American, I can't be anti-American Wink , but I DO prefer European Vamps...Ben Cross, Adrian Paul when I saw him in some terrible vamp movie...just watched it because of him...

drool
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 1:55 pm

I think true blood is a great show, but its a bit cheesy when the fangs "spring" out. But I love the story, it gets very sexual toward the end
Back to top Go down
GothicScrybe
vip member
GothicScrybe

Aries Rooster

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:26 pm

Mmmmm...sexual vamps.

I'd kill to see a new plot and style of vampires, something cool, hip and elegantly royal all at the same time.

Underworld kinda-sorta tried...but then got lost along the way.
Back to top Go down
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318
: : True Blood Bjevig
More Numbers : 7591570

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 3:50 pm

I've heard about it, but haven't had much of an interest in watching it. I think the name turned me off, made it sound stupid.

Then I also saw that they're using it as an excuse to sell a 24 pack of orange soda for close to $100 and swore it off.

Also, Craig Ferguson makes me lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuv2na2ECdA
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 5:32 pm

GothicScrybe wrote:
Mmmmm...sexual vamps.

I'd kill to see a new plot and style of vampires, something cool, hip and elegantly royal all at the same time.

Underworld was a great idea but then it very sadly lost it's way. Give me Chris Lee or Bela Lugosi anyday - I like my boy vamps to be ever so sinister naughty
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:22 pm

GothicScrybe wrote:
Mmmmm...sexual vamps.

The thing about true blood is that it is sexual but in a different way. It incorporates Greek mythology and other mythical creatures to the act. Its also interesting b/c in true blood vampires are out in the open and there are laws and government policies that incorporate them. In most cases, vampires remain secret.
Back to top Go down
GothicScrybe
vip member
GothicScrybe

Aries Rooster

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:57 am

SPF wrote:
GothicScrybe wrote:
Mmmmm...sexual vamps.

The thing about true blood is that it is sexual but in a different way. It incorporates Greek mythology and other mythical creatures to the act. Its also interesting b/c in true blood vampires are out in the open and there are laws and government policies that incorporate them. In most cases, vampires remain secret.

That's not new though, far from it actually.

Many authors incorporate mythologies in their writing (my pal Sherrilyn Kenyon - author of the Dark Hunter vampire series) has incorporated mythologies in her works for a while now.

As for laws and such, that's not really new either. Though they were in secret, Blade (the first movie) showed that angle with the House of Erebus. They had their own code, etc.

There just really isn't a new idea that has been tapped into and that's regrettable.

The ones that are out there the bigwigs don't want to bother with, preferring to use the tried and true, but overused-to-the-point-people-are-sick-to-death-of-them works.

It's so sad because there is some killer talent out there that will probably for the most part, reman undiscovered because TV is just as bad as Hollywood and their movies...they jump on bandwagons and pick up fads.

The only bad thing about bandwagons and fads is that they both die after a while.
Back to top Go down
GothicScrybe
vip member
GothicScrybe

Aries Rooster

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:58 am

helen damnation wrote:
GothicScrybe wrote:
Mmmmm...sexual vamps.

Underworld was a great idea but then it very sadly lost it's way. Give me Chris Lee or Bela Lugosi anyday - I like my boy vamps to be ever so sinister naughty

Bela Lugosi... drool
Back to top Go down
Glamboy
Glamboy

Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 132
: : True Blood 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7570858
Registration date : 2008-08-05

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 6:03 pm

ah, any excuse to post this picture -

True Blood 201496569_41ef2d87b7
lol.

as for true blood, I like it. It's sleazy. Anything to counter the Jonas Brothers Vampire experience that Twilight is.

But the books? Who the hell okayed those covers?
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:08 pm

GothicScrybe wrote:
SPF wrote:
GothicScrybe wrote:
Mmmmm...sexual vamps.

That's not new though, far from it actually.

Many authors incorporate mythologies in their writing (my pal Sherrilyn Kenyon - author of the Dark Hunter vampire series) has incorporated mythologies in her works for a while now.

As for laws and such, that's not really new either. Though they were in secret, Blade (the first movie) showed that angle with the House of Erebus. They had their own code, etc.

There just really isn't a new idea that has been tapped into and that's regrettable.

The ones that are out there the bigwigs don't want to bother with, preferring to use the tried and true, but overused-to-the-point-people-are-sick-to-death-of-them works.

It's so sad because there is some killer talent out there that will probably for the most part, reman undiscovered because TV is just as bad as Hollywood and their movies...they jump on bandwagons and pick up fads.

The only bad thing about bandwagons and fads is that they both die after a while.

ya many authors incorporate greek mythology, but True blood shows it on film. I have seen a lot of vampire blockbusters, and most of them dont involve Maenads (excuse me if there is that one obscure movie or book i dont know about). Most Vampire movies out there are just romances, not to say that true blood is not but its different than most film media that is out now or coming out soon (Twilight, the Vampire's assistant, that other teenager vampire tv show).

And yes, there were laws in blade, but thats my point, they were secret. I think True Blood shows me at least an interesting look into mixing American government with what was thought to be a mythical creature.
Back to top Go down
GothicScrybe
vip member
GothicScrybe

Aries Rooster

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 11:05 am

Glamboy wrote:
ah, any excuse to post this picture -

True Blood 201496569_41ef2d87b7
lol.

as for true blood, I like it. It's sleazy. Anything to counter the Jonas Brothers Vampire experience that Twilight is.

But the books? Who the hell okayed those covers?

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...thank you Glamboy!

I have one word for that picture...SEXY!!!!

Too bad the drool icon isn't working.

As for Twilight, you said it perfectly...the Jonas Brothers Vampire experience...that just about sums it up.

As for the covers...is it just me or are New York Times Best selling author's covers some of the worst on the planet?

I can't tell you how many of my books I have sold based on the covers alone and then gratefully, my readers loved the inside just as much, but honestly...you've got to have something to pique a potential reader's interest to begin with!

The first thing I was told about the writing industry when I started out was, "A cover is your first impression. It can make or break book sales. Of course what's between the covers matters, but if your book cover is boring to begin with, do you think people will be interested?"

It seems though, as usual, that only pertains to self-published authors. Traditionally published authors could have a picture of cow crap as their cover and it would sell because of the marketing machine behind them.

Honestly though...I have seen hundreds of Indie authors whose covers are worthy of framing and yet they will, for the most part, remain undiscovered.

It's sad...but that's publishing politics for you!

Sorry for the tangent, but I often wondered if I was alone in thinking the covers had nothing to do with the stories.

Neutral
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 5:33 pm

I had a True Blood marathon over the weekend and have become totally infatuated with Bill Compton. He could bite me anytime

Also managed to find the theme music as a ring tone for my mobile so I'm happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 7:38 pm

^^^i love the theme song
Back to top Go down
SweetVervain
SweetVervain

Taurus Pig
Number of posts : 123
: : True Blood Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7031260
Registration date : 2009-09-20

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 7:54 pm

I can't even watch True Blood because my family doesn't have HBO. tear
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

True Blood
Page 1 of 1